Project Manager Career
At MV+A, we are passionate about sharing ideas and creating a striking, contextual, and impactful built environment. We have a deep expertise in working with developers, local jurisdictions, communities, anchor retail tenants and other project stakeholders in creating mixed-use buildings that contribute to the community fabric and successfully enhance social engagement.
MV+A is a diverse group of architects, designers and planners, bringing our collective experience to develop meaningful solutions to our clients. We are actively searching for an experienced Project Manager to join our team. As a Project Manager, you will be a lead member in the design and development of our retail and mixed-use building projects. You will work closely with the Principals, Project Architects, and consultant design team to take projects from the concept design phase through construction. Your initiative, technical abilities, and collaborative attitude will be integral in the successful delivery of some of the firm’s most important projects.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Manage overall process of a $10 million – $125 million design project(s), including coordination with design consultants and internal team members to lead the interpretation of design vision into a built reality
- Resolve complex aesthetic and technical challenges to produce efficient, constructible solutions
- Be instrumental in the management and development of the project BIM
- Provide drawing document production quality assurance and control reviews and guide staff in the accurate and coordinated production of drawings and specifications in support of the complete design package
- Coordinate architectural design drawings with project specifications and design consultant systems (interior design, structural, MEPFP, lighting, acoustics, accessibility, etc.)
- Act as a mentor and teacher to others, drawing on your years of experience in commercial, retail, or residential through all phases of design and construction.
- Consistently forecast potential project challenges and then develop and execute the design processes to overcome those challenges in an effective manner.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited school
- Valid US work permit
- Minimum 8 years of related experience, including demonstrated success in the development of construction documents for commercial, retail, mixed-use and/or multi-family residential projects
- Highly proficient in Revit
- Experience in Type I, Type III, and Type V construction is preferred
- Have a working knowledge of building codes
- Be a person of great initiative and have a thirst for learning
Benefits include a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and diverse, creative, and energetic team environment.