Project Manager Career
At MV+A, we are passionate about sharing ideas and creating a striking, contextual, and impactful built environment. We have a deep expertise in working with developers, local jurisdictions, communities, anchor retail tenants and other project stakeholders in creating mixed-use buildings that contribute to the community fabric and successfully enhance social engagement.
MV+A is a diverse group of architects, designers and planners, bringing our collective experience to develop meaningful solutions to our clients. We are actively searching for an experienced Project Manager to join our team. As a Project Manager, you will lead the design and coordination effort on specific retail and mixed-use building projects. You will work closely with the Principal, Project Architects, Staff Designers and the consultant design team to take projects from the schematic design phase through construction. Your initiative, technical abilities, and collaborative attitude will be integral in the successful delivery of some of the firm’s most important projects.
Your Typical Day
- Manage the overall design process of a $25 million – $125 million design project, including coordination with design consultants and internal team members as well as play a central role in the interpretation of design vision into a built reality
- Resolve complex aesthetic and technical challenges to produce efficient, constructible solutions
- Mentor more junior staff and reinforce the firm’s learning environment
- Be knowledgeable in the management of the Revit BIM
- Produce drawings when required and guide junior staff in the production of drawings in support of the complete design package
- Coordinate architectural design drawings with project specifications and design consultant systems (interior design, structural, MEPFP, lighting, acoustics, accessibility, etc.)
- Develop project code analyses and communicate with AHJ’s
- Provide ongoing quality assurance reviews for projects being managed yourself and provide peer reviews for others.
- Actively participate in client and design team meetings
Benefits include a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and diverse, creative, and energetic team environment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited school
- Valid US work permit
- 10+ years of related experience, including demonstrated success in the development of construction documents for commercial, retail, mixed-use and/or multi-family residential projects
- Proficient in Revit
- Have a working knowledge of building codes
- Be a person of great initiative and have a thirst for learning