Project Architect, Commercial Focus
At MV+A, we are passionate about sharing ideas and creating a striking, contextual, and impactful built environment. We have a deep expertise in working with developers, local jurisdictions, communities, anchor retail tenants and other project stakeholders in creating thoughtfully designed plans and buildings that contribute to the community fabric and successfully enhance social engagement.
MV+A is a diverse group of architects, designers and planners, bringing our collective experience to develop meaningful solutions to our clients. We are actively searching for an experienced Project Architect with a focus on retail and commercial design to join our team. This role is for an individual seeking new opportunities to expand their responsibilities and become an integral team member in the management, production and development of our many retail, renovation and general commercial projects. You will work closely with the Project Manager, client, consultant design team and general contractors to take these projects from the concept design phase through construction. Your initiative, technical abilities, and collaborative attitude will be essential in the successful delivery of some of the firm’s more challenging projects.
Your Typical Day
1. Engage in the design process and documentation of multiple projects with construction costs between $1 million – $15 million concurrently
2. Coordinate with design consultants and internal team members as well as play a central role in the interpretation of a design vision into a built reality
3. Resolve technical and existing condition challenges to produce efficient, constructible solutions
4. Be instrumental in the management and development of the Revit BIM or AutoCAD files
5. Produce drawings and specifications illustrating design intent
6. Rapidly produce aesthetic studies and design ideas for evaluation by both internal managers and the client
7. Coordinate Permit submission packages to authorities having jurisdiction and organize comment responses
8. Coordinate architectural design drawings with project specifications and design consultant systems (structural, MEPFP, Life Safety, etc.)
9.Actively participate in client and design team meetings
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited school
2. Valid US work permit
3. 3-10 years of related experience, including demonstrated success in the development of construction documents for commercial, retail and/or renovation projects
4. Highly proficient in Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD
5. Experience in SketchUp is a plus
6. Experience in Type I and Type II construction is preferred
7. Working knowledge of building codes
8. Be a person of great initiative and have a thirst for learning
Benefits include a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and diverse, creative, and energetic team environment.