Project Architect Career
At MV+A, we are passionate about sharing ideas and creating a striking, contextual, and impactful built environment. We have a deep expertise in working with developers, local jurisdictions, communities, anchor retail tenants and other project stakeholders in creating buildings that contribute to the community fabric and successfully enhance social engagement.
MV+A is a diverse group of architects, designers and planners, bringing our collective experience to develop meaningful solutions to our clients. We are actively searching for an experienced Project Architect to join our team. As a Project Architect, you will be a key member in the design and development of our commercial, retail, multi-family, and mixed-use building projects. You will work closely with the Project Manager and consultant design team to take projects from the concept design phase through construction. Your initiative, technical abilities, and collaborative attitude will be integral in the successful delivery of some of the firm’s most important projects.
Your Typical Day
1. Manage specific aspects of a $25 million – $125 million design project, including coordination with design consultants and internal team members as well as play a central role in the interpretation of design vision into a built reality
2. Resolve complex aesthetic and technical challenges to produce efficient, constructible solutions
3. Be instrumental in the management and development of the Revit BIM
4. Produce drawings and guide junior staff in the production of drawings in support of the complete design package
5. Coordinate architectural design drawings with project specifications and design consultant systems (interior design, structural, MEPFP, lighting, acoustics, accessibility, etc.)
6. Actively participate in client and design team meetings
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited school
2. Valid US work permit
3. 5-15 years of related experience, including demonstrated success in the development of construction documents for commercial, retail, mixed-use and/or multi-family residential projects
4. Highly proficient in Revit
5. Experience in Type I and Type III construction is preferred
6. Have a working knowledge of building codes
7. Be a person of great initiative and have a thirst for learning
Benefits include a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and diverse, creative, and energetic team environment.