Construction Administration Project Architect
MV+A Architects, a Washington DC based practice, is seeking a qualified licensed architect or construction professional local to the Pittsburgh metro area to lead our Construction Administration effort on a multi-million dollar development. The ideal candidate is a successful Project Architect or Project Manager with significant project experience during Construction Administration phases. The candidate is a self-motivated, self-starter that can effectively represent the firm’s interests and goals in an independent yet faithful capacity. This is an opportunity to fill a critical role at an established, respected, and very successful firm.
As Construction Administration Project Architect, you will:
1. Work with the CA Manager and Project Manager during construction on a $75,000,000 mixed-use project.
2. Provide onsite representation average of 2 days per week.
3. Understand and internalize project design goals to affect positive outcomes in the field.
4. Interface with office designers to achieve design goals and solve construction problems.
5. Provide weekly field reports to the office design team and ownership.
6. Keep the design team up to date on outstanding design items, critical path schedules, and potential change events.
7. Review construction progress with the ownersrepresentative, review and complete payment applications.
8. Review construction related documents including Submittals, RFI’s, Supplementary Instructions and Change Directives.
9. Attend weekly O.A.C. meetings with immediate feedback to the PM and CA Manager of critical issues.
1. Registered Architect or Project Manager for a general contractor with a degree in architecture or construction management and a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
2. Experience providing CA services on complex construction projects.
3. Proven ability to successfully communicate within a busy architectural firm, and with consultants, long term clients, and general contractors.
4. Experience as a Project Architect/Manager using Construction Management software, REVIT and AutoCAD.
5. Experience with a variety of file share, scheduling, and project management software- experience with Constructware is a plus.