Construction Administration Manager Career
At MV+A, we are passionate about sharing ideas and creating a striking, contextual, and impactful built environment. We have a deep expertise in working with developers, local jurisdictions, communities, anchor retail tenants and other project stakeholders in creating thoughtfully designed plans and buildings that successfully contribute to the community fabric and enhance social engagement.
We are seeking a qualified licensed architect or construction professional with extensive experience in Construction Administration to lead our efforts during the construction of our projects. The ideal candidate is a successful Project Architect or Project Manager and is particularly adept at Construction Administration and all it entails. This is a unique opportunity to fill a critical role at an established, respected, and very successful firm, working on a wide variety of mixed-use and retail projects. You will work closely with the Project Manager and Project Architect to take these projects from the concept design phase through construction. Your initiative, growing technical abilities, and collaborative attitude will be integral in the successful delivery of some of the firm’s more challenging projects.
Your Typical Day
- Be the primary lead architect during construction on at least one major project (over $50,000,000) and other smaller projects (>$15,000,000) working with Project Managers for each project.
- Be responsible for creating and managing the firm’s Construction Administration policies and procedures.
- Support other Project Managers as they lead CA efforts on their projects.
- Regularly meet with and report to the firm principals and Project Managers to update them on current projects under construction.
- Create a forum for mentoring the firm staff on the firm’s CA efforts and policies.
- Perform peer reviews of Construction Documents prior to issuance.
- Manage a variety of data management and data transfer software.
- Stay abreast of current construction practices, technologies, and professional liability issues.
- Registered Architect or Project Manager for a general contractor with a minimum of ten years experience.
- Extensive experience providing CA services on complex construction projects.
- Proven ability to successfully communicate within a busy architectural firm, and with consultants, long term clients and general contractors
- Experience as a Project Architect/Manager with REVIT and AutoCAD capabilities.
- Limited travel, typically day trips, East Coast focused.
- Experience with a variety of file sharing, scheduling, and project management software.
- Strong desire to lead and mentor a talented and growing office of Interns, Project Architects and Project Managers.
- Be a person of great initiative and have a thirst for learning.
Benefits include a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.